Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There was guy on this forum that found it very early and had detailed pictures of it. I'll see if I can find his thread.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Yeah, there have been a few threads regarding folks with puddles of ATF due to this problem. At least I'll get a free inspection and a protective sleeve out of this.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Gonna cost a LOT of money to make all of these fixes. I'm sure glad Jeep has a pretty fat profit margin on their vehicles.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Great info. This is something most DIY'ers can fix themselves instead of letting the dealers break something else (probably intentionally) in the process.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Subscribing.... I will investigate after work... THANKS BOYS !

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've never had a car recalled before - does one wait for some written notice from Jeep or should I just contact my dealer? I'm assuming someone has gone thru this process before with some other vehicle. Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I've never had a car recalled before - does one wait for some written notice from Jeep or should I just contact my dealer? I'm assuming someone has gone thru this process before with some other vehicle. Thanks.
When my 09 got recalled I got a notice sent to me in the mall to contact your local dealer. The issue is I took it in and they didnt have the parts and had to take it in twice.

·
Registered
289 Posts
There was guy on this forum that found it very early and had detailed pictures of it. I'll see if I can find his thread.
Is this only for automatics?

According to the site:
For Wranglers with 3.6-liter V-6 engines, Chrysler says a power steering fluid line can wear a hole in the transmission oil cooler line. The SUVs can leak fluid, damaging automatic transmissions. Dealers will inspect the lines for free and replace them or install a protective sleeve. The recall begins in July.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I just checked mine...manufactured in October, 2012. There is already a thick rubber sleeve going all the way around that bend so it is apparently something they caught mid-year. I'll still have a dealer check it when I take it in for the first oil change.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I just checked mine...manufactured in October, 2012. There is already a thick rubber sleeve going all the way around that bend so it is apparently something they caught mid-year. I'll still have a dealer check it when I take it in for the first oil change.

Photo of apparent rub area in driver's side wheel well:

Attachments

1 - 20 of 73 Posts