Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just received word that my new JKUHR arrived at the dealership. When taking care of the paperwork, I agreed on a 5 year Max Care extended warranty.

I then read that it is cheaper to not buy warrantees at dealerships, but online. I heard about ChryslerWarrantys.com and they gave me a quote for a Lifetime Max Care Warranty with a $100 deductible for a little less than $2,300, which is lower than the 5 year one at the dealership.

I just wanted to know if anyone has had experience with ChryslerWarrantys.com and if it's safe to buy my warrantee from there. Also, is it the exact same warrantee I was offered at the dealership?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Only extended warranty I would ever purchase would be the Mopar, even then I would think twice...Google "ChryslerWarrantys.com complaints" and take a look...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guys,

I took a look at the ChyslerWarrantys.com site and it looks like they sell Mopar warranties. The sites states that they are a dealership and are authorized by Chysler to sell them. Anyone know if that's true?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'll stay away from them. Any recommendations on where I can get a good deal on an official warranty?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Clay R. at Zeller Motors! Search for posts about him on this forum. I just purchased one from him yesterday. He gives forum members the best price you will find on the Mopar Lifetime Warranty with $100 deductible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard about Clay R and sent him a PM yesterday night. Just waiting for the reply. How is the process like buying from him. Heard great things about him.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heard great things about Clay R. Sent him a PM yesterday. What is the process like buying a warrantee from a forum member?

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Heard great things about Clay R. Sent him a PM yesterday. What is the process like buying a warrantee from a forum member?
I bought mine from forum member Noble two years ago. He works at a dealership in Michigan. I live in the St. Louis area. We did the entire thing via email and I was sent the paperwork via snail mail later. Great guy to deal with and his price was about $1,500 less than what the finance manager was asking at my local dealer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks a lot, RoadiJeff. I haven't fully taken ownership of my Wrangler yet (will probably pick it up next Saturday). Should I wait until after I receive it to do my warrantee or is it possible to do it now?

·
Premium Member
7,465 Posts
Thanks a lot, RoadiJeff. I haven't fully taken ownership of my Wrangler yet (will probably pick it up next Saturday). Should I wait until after I receive it to do my warrantee or is it possible to do it now?
You can buy an extended warranty anytime the factory warranty is still in effect. I think the price starts going up after the first 12 months/12,000 miles but only by $100 or so.

You can go to that chryslerwarrantys.com website and play around with different numbers and see what the price difference is for a brand new Jeep vs one with 15,000 miles.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I've had my jeep for 18 months now and I'm still with the regular 3 years 36 thousand mile stuff . Maybe when I get closer to the end of that , I'll look into one , maybe. I've been receiving calls and mail with a bunch of offers about the extended warranty and a couple that I took the time to look at , they mention that word modified , so of course that scares me .... so what does that mean , if I add 33 tires , spacers , lifts and a few other things which ive done , so does that void my warranty after they've been collecting payments for a few months . Then they can denied my claim. That's something you have to be careful with .Then if you keep it stock I guess you have nothing to worry about .... but it's hard to stay stock , damn hard ...

good luck .

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Not to derail the original question here but:

How often do people actually experienced a valuable return on these extended warranties?

I purchased ONE on a 2000 ford excursion. The few things that did need attention happened within the regular warranty period. The ONE repair that might have been covered (which was really just a wear and tear item) didn't happen until after the extended warranty.

I have never had REAL repair needs on any vehicle that I owned that happened after the regular warranty AND before an extended warranty period.

I never buy extended warranties on vehicles or anything I purchase.

·
Registered
862 Posts
My thoughts on extended warranties. They are not selling them to keep you protected. They are selling them to make money. That means that the odds are, you are not going to be spending as much on repairs as the warranty costs. If you are super worried about repairs, put that cash in a nice interest bearing account, and only tap it when you need to do a repair. You can even have your own deductible.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with getting one. It's ultimately a form of insurance. Does someone want to roll the dice and expect that their vehicle will need it. Although, being on this forum for awhile it does seem like many JK's have issues. Or, does someone not get one and in effect is self insuring. Just like any other type of insurance, do you take the risk or do you put out the cash and basically remove the risk. When my 10 was purchased I didn't want the extended warranty but my wife did. We have it. So far I haven't had to use it which I don't mind because that means I have a solid JK, but down the road who knows.

·
Registered
546 Posts
It is a CHRYSLER product owned by FIAT. That right there says extended warranties are almost always needed. My 03 CTD to the exception every chrysler vehicle I have owned have had something go wrong and always right out of warranty and the repairs collectivly cost more then the warranty would have cost. I also tend to keep my vehicles longer then the factory.
Cameron

·
Premium Member
10,138 Posts
You can buy an extended warranty anytime the factory warranty is still in effect. I think the price starts going up after the first 12 months/12,000 miles but only by $100 or so.

You can go to that chryslerwarrantys.com website and play around with different numbers and see what the price difference is for a brand new Jeep vs one with 15,000 miles.
RJ... I was thinking about turning my max care ~6/60 to max care lifetime.

It appears there's a 48 month in-service cut-off date to do that... mine is coming up in a few weeks.

I'd like to shop this around. What's the best method? Just send the dealer an email?

http://www.chrysler-warranty-online.com/chrysler-warranty-information

http://www.chrysler-warranty-online.com/library/documents/Lifetime_Maximum_Care.pdf

ELIGIBLE VEHICLES
All 2006 to current model year Chrysler, Jeep® and Dodge vehicles with an active Lifetime Powertrain Warranty are eligible within 48 months of the in-service date and 48,000 miles. Vehicles must have a warranty coverage code of 799.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts