Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had the jeep for about 4 months or so, have kept it bone stock. After joining a jeep club (CJKC!!) it's time to throw some mods on.

As of now, I am running everything stock that was included on the 10th Anniversary Package.

Might as well have a future mod list.

- AEV 2.5 inch lift
- BFGoodrich MudTerrain KM2 35x12.5xR17
- Keep stock 10A wheels
- Warn Zeon 8-S
- Maximus-3 winch plate bracket (no hoop)
- 50 inch LED light bar
- LED cubes for A-Pillar
- CB radio
- Perhaps a Smittybilt Tire Carrier

Can't wait to have some fun building.

Hope you all enjoy.

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

I'll post a better picture for you later, but this is all I have for now.

I could not see myself throwing big $$ for the MOPAR grab handles.

So I took it into my own hands and made my own grab handles from 550 cord.

I would highly recommend making your own, I spent $10 for 200 feet of the stuff (Army Navy Surplus Store) and saved a bunch of cash. Not only that, but (it may be me) but I had a lot of fun making them.

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Finished the mod for now -- ran out of mesh for the far left slot.

Detailed shot of the mod. Looks real good! Happy on how it looks for how much I spent -- under 20 dollars!! :iamhappy:

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Working on stuffing the Sound Bar with Poly-Fil. Truth be told, my jeep sounds like a concert hall now! I highly recommend doing this to your rig. Take a Torx T20 to the grill over the speaker and let the speaker hang. Then stuff the living crap out of the sound bar as much as you can. I got my bag at Michael's Crafts on sale for just over $2.

Great cheap mod!

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
image-768760686.jpg

Starting the winch assembly process. Everything from here was quite straightforward.

image-2734811688.jpg

Note the fair lead opening on the 10A bumper is made for an offset winch, ie Warn 9.5CTI, so I'll definitely have to cut it to fit my centered Zeon.

image-411494237.jpg

The rest of the disassembled stuff. This part was quite easy, getting everything off.

image-4125384442.jpg

Here's the bumper ready for cutting. There's a "centering plate" that you attach to the cut opening so that the bolts for the fair lead itself line up perfectly. Worked as a perfect guide to cutting the hole as well.

image-3192910222.jpg

After the rope was put on and the winch bolted to the frame. Getting the vacuum pump out of the way was probably one of the more tedious things I've done in my life. The rope was worse. So far so good!

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking great! Love the white with the red seats.
Nice color combo. I like white. Everything goes with it and it hides the scratches.
thank you both very much! White with the black accents and the red looks great in my opinion. Really happy with how it looks. Bright White is a great color. Hides scratches, but impossible to see wax on. Fair trade off!

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
image-2405491624.jpg

Getting the front bumper fair lead opening cut so it is centered, rather than offset. Of course my dad would not let me use the circle saw and dremel, so here's him getting it cut. The Maximus 3 instruction guide for once is helpful in terms of cutting. We cut, cleaned with a vacuum and mineral spirits, laid down a layer of rustoleum primer, and then a layer of rustoleum flat black. Hopefully it lasts a long time.

image-329032574.jpg

Starting the wiring for the Warn ZEON 8-S. Could have thought it through a bit more, because I left the grill on when bolting the winch on, routing the wiring was a bit difficult. However, we made it work.

Today, we'll hopefully finish up so Peggy can finally get out of the garage and back on the roads!

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
image-2806326263.jpg

Unfortunately, we could not finish tonight. Only got a small sliver of time (homework for me and work for the dad), so here's what we have. Hawse fair lead was attached along with the Maximus 3 centering plate to the bumper itself. The winch was spooled for the initial 10 spools. Most importantly, the winch has power! Wiring went well. Really excited to see it all come together. It's like the Zeon and 10A were made for each other.

·
Commercial Member
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Registered
179 Posts
Cincinnati,

I am subscribed and following with interest!

I have a 2015 Bright White Rubicon Hard Rock. I have 285/70/17 Duratracs with AEV Savegre wheels. I don't have a lift and it looks pretty good on 33's with no lift (and no rubbing).

But I have thought about putting on the 2.5 AEV lift with 35's. So I am really looking forward to seeing your Jeep when lifted.

Good luck with your build.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts