Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Cj5 build in the philippines

As far as you had it taken apart I think id feel obligated to paint it. Looking great though!

Will wait until march for the weather to be perfect for painting and i still have lots of body works underneath. We wanted to complete it first and we still have parts from abroad. We just sprayed it with a canned spray paint to avoid rust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·

Which is better on this roll bar support on top

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Which is better on this roll bar support on top

Structurally, 1/4 points would be strongest, but I don't know that it would look as good. I would go further out, like the second picture, to give your head more protection from anything on the side. It'll also give you a nice handle to hold on to

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Structurally, 1/4 points would be strongest, but I don't know that it would look as good. I would go further out, like the second picture, to give your head more protection from anything on the side. It'll also give you a nice handle to hold on to

What do you mean by 1/4 points? Sorry have less knowledge on structural.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
What do you mean by 1/4 points? Sorry have less knowledge on structural.

No worries!

So if you front roll bar is L long, you would get the most rigidity by placing the side bars at 0.25L from each side.

Line Rectangle Parallel

As an example, if the roll bar is 200cm long, you would place the side bars 50cm in from either end.

Although that may be stronger, I think I would push them a little more towards the outside of the Jeep to better protect your head in a roll over, and give you a nice handle to hold on to. More similar to your second example picture.

·
Premium Member
207 Posts
Great build so far, can't wait to see more of the finished product. Just giving me more and more incentive to get an old cj

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
No worries!

So if you front roll bar is L long, you would get the most rigidity by placing the side bars at 0.25L from each side.

View attachment 3429530

As an example, if the roll bar is 200cm long, you would place the side bars 50cm in from either end.

Although that may be stronger, I think I would push them a little more towards the outside of the Jeep to better protect your head in a roll over, and give you a nice handle to hold on to. More similar to your second example picture.

It looks good right above the head rest (i might crack my self) heheheh will post pic of the tube after. Will put it outer.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

Just adopted a new work horse. After this cj

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Out for a test drive.

Didn't had the chance to take a photo of the trail because of the excitement. It's my first time to drive an off road vehicle on a medium trail. Over all good experience.

Problem is i cant tell if my jeep is ok. Newbie feeling hehehehe. But it passed the trail

·
Registered
10 Posts
Iyong jeep mo ay kahanga-hanga. Taga saan ka?
(ok, English now... I speak Tagalog and Ilocano but a bit rusty because for 30 years, mostly English here in the States)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·

Iyong jeep mo ay kahanga-hanga. Taga saan ka?
(ok, English now... I speak Tagalog and Ilocano but a bit rusty because for 30 years, mostly English here in the States)

Thanks po.
Balayan, batangas po ako sir ( I'm from balayan batangas)

Ikaw sir? San ka sa pilipinas

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.