Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to put a CJ dash in my TJ. First want to know if this is possible. Second, if it is possible, has anyone done it? Third, would love to see some pics. I think this would be way cool to do. I love the CJ dash and think it would look bad ass

·
Registered
451 Posts
It is possible, anything mechanical/electric is possible if you spend enough time and money. But a TJ is a digital Jeep with numerous microprocessors in PCM, TCM, instrument cluster, etc. A CJ is an old analog Jeep. You will have to create an entire wiring harness and this will consitute a distinct downgrade in functionality, since you will no longer be monitoring all the sensors, controlling emissions, etc.

You will also need an old analog engine with no smog stuff, no electronic ignition, no electronic fuel injection (carburetor only), plus either a manual transmission or an old dumb auto with no TCM microprocessor. After those changes, you won't legally be able to register the Jeep to run on the road, it will be offroad use only.

I would estimate a $5000 budget for this. But it can be done.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Kaiser! I was thinking maybe there were some updated versions of the instruments in the CJ, plus there is so much room on that dash that you could just about add anything you wanted. Thanks for the info, I will scratch that off the wish list.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts