Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get CJ mirrors for 30$ I've heard of people putting these on so they can take there doors off in the summer and still be legal. So I'm asking basically what will I need to do to make them work?

·
Registered
507 Posts
The CJ mirrors are not worth $30.... Check out q-tec, a new set, in black is only $27. As for mounting them, you will need to drill and tap your windshield hinges.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I just put CJ mirrors on mine. All I did was buy CJ windshield brackets with the mount holes in them. Honestly though if I was to do it again, i'd just drill and tap the original YJ windshield brackets. OEM brackets are much better than aftermarket. And I absolutely love my CJ mirrors. Much better than those crappy, useless mirrors that Jeep put on the hard doors.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Ive had both on my YJ and I definitely like the half door mirrors better. Cant say about the full doors. Myquite has the right idea as I had the CJ brackets. The down side there is the windshield hinge bolts have to come out so if they are rusted up or stripped, good luck!

The passenger side mirror arm has to be flipped and the mirror location rotated forward to be seen.. To me it kinda looks goofy. Some folks have used smaller motorcycle/bicycle mirrors and arms mounted to the door hinge or to the upper windshield frame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts