Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone knows if I can get a set of steel 10" wide 5x5.5 CJ7 rims on a JK with adapters?

I did a forum search and didn't find much info, and did a google search and found a bunch of confusing info..

It seems like someone may make spacers, but they seem silly expensive..

Does anyone have any ideas to do this safely and least expensive?

The rims are a set of CJ steelies I picked up years ago that need to be sand blasted and powder coated.. I was going to make them into beadlocks, but I think I may use them on the JK once I order it. I'm looking to run 35x12.50r16s.

The only thing that concerns me a bit is the offset. These are 10 inch rims, and I'm not sure what the offset is, but if I'm running adapters I'm assuming they will push the wheel out at least another 1.5 inches.

Looking for some feedback.. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
Sell them to a CJ guy and buy new wheels for the JK. I have nothing against the idea, it's just going to be a pain to make it work and look right.

·
Registered
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sell them to a CJ guy and buy new wheels for the JK. I have nothing against the idea, it's just going to be a pain to make it work and look right.

Yeah you could be right... A shame to sell them though, I really like the look of 10" wheels, and 10s are quite a bit more $$.. But then again I have to factor in wheel adapters, sandblasting and powder coating..

Thanks for your input

1 - 3 of 3 Posts