Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been a Jeep fan and currently have a 1946 CJ-2A. Over the years I've also had a couple pretty nice CJ7's.

I just ordered a 2013 JK Rubicon and while I'm looking forward to some of the more civilized enhancements, I'm going to miss the '46. Really don't want any Jeep that's TOO civilized...If I had the garage space, I'd keep them both.

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Keep em both just keep the JKU outside.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Apples and oranges. The new Wranglers are certainly more civilized than either the flatties or later CJ's and do reasonably well off-road (at least a Rubi with lockers) in stock form but in my experience, I can still do a lot better off-road with my modified 3B. Most of that is due to the differences in the vehicle size and wheelbase. The 3.6 is ok, but no hot rod for sure and could still use about another 50 hp.

·
Registered
201 Posts
My wife drive my Jk (without the guns...)

I drive my CJ everyday. I also wheel the crap out of it!

My YJ is a back up.... Lol

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
When I went shopping for my JK, I had every intention of selling my DJ. I even insisted on a right handed JK, so it would be a direct replacement, but when it came time to part ways, I couldn't even bring myself to buy a for sale sign or even a bar of soap ;)

DJ is sitting in the garage waiting for my teenager to get her license, at which time she'll drive the JK and I'll be rollni around in the DJ again, and liking it ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts