Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always thought the tubs on the Cj and the Yj were the same, i know other items have changed over the years such as roll bars,dash,seat belts and so on, but for some reason I thought the tubs were the same... Well i am in the process of installing a Cj dash in my Yj and i knew i would have to make a few things work (heater controls and do a bunch of rewiring). But when i went to dry fit the dash panel, i realized that almost all of the holes in the cj dash and yj tub were close but didn't line up.. So i will sleep on it and tackle it again in the morning...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Take a look at the defrost duct and you will find that under the windshield frame there is a huge difference. On the Cj the duct work is in the windshield frame and the Yj in plastic external duct work. As far as the body goes there are differences like the tailgate, fuel fill location, spare tire bracket but with a lil work anything is possible

1 - 3 of 3 Posts