Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the option to buy a narrow track CJ5 Dana 30 axle and a matching Dana 44 rear. I have a TJ and want to strip their ARB lockers and ring and pinion for my 2004 LJ and then sell the CJ axles for parts. I am confident the R&P and locker will work for my TJ dana 44, but I am worried about the front Dana 30. I'm pretty confident ARB only makes one locker for the 27spline Dana 30, but the R&P may be different. I know from research they are both "standard" rotation gear sets but they may have different pinion lengths. They may also have a different number of ring bolts. The dana 30 I might buy is post 1976 disc brake setup, the Dana 44 is of unknown provenance but it likely has 30 spline axles because the diff is centered. I won't know more till I open them up. Anybody have a working knowledge of CJ to TJ axle parts swap ability?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Any good shop that does installs, gears and lockers, will give you your answer. Should be able to tell you over the phone. My guess it will work for both axles. As long as one is not high pinion on the front axle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts