Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy recently bought a 72 wrangler CJ5 and only has a soft top for it. I tried helping put the top on but it seems like there's pieces missing around the door. I don't know much about it since I have a TJ. Heres some pics can someone help me out?

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Looks like it is a Bestop, and missing the striker setup. That should go where the vertical bar comes down and secure it in place. It bolts onto the lip where the belt rail stops. Look at the Bestop web site, and you should be able to find downloadable instructions.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Here's a pic of the striker from a Bestop Tigertop on my old CJ5.
This Jeep had a 'glass tub with a thin lip, so that is why you see the piece of black steel reinforcement bolted to the lip with hex bolts below the striker.

BTW, you and your buddy will find much more info on the '72 at www.earlycj5.net/forums.
Specifically, the '72 - '75 info and discussions will be in the Intermediates forum. Use the search to find older discussions, or post new questions.
HTH!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts