Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, here is the deal, I have an 85 CJ7 in very good condition. It has hard top and full doors. I love this Jeep and it is fun to drive. However, the 2012 JK Rubicons are soooo nice, plush, with lots of fancy features and options. My question is do I keep the C7 or sell it when I order the new 2012. Which will by the way will be a:
Two Door Rubicon
Manual Trans
Leather
Sahara Tan or Red
All options except the body colored fenders and Top.

Tell me, what you would do?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Keep! You will still want the old CJ to go off-road worry free. Trust me, after dropping so much dough on the JK, you'll be apprehensive about taking it to the same places as the CJ.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
You are in a real dilemma and I see only one possible solution. Buy the 2012 and sell the CJ7 to me for a ridiculously low price.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
bwlyon said:
OK, here is the deal, I have an 85 CJ7 in very good condition. It has hard top and full doors. I love this Jeep and it is fun to drive. However, the 2012 JK Rubicons are soooo nice, plush, with lots of fancy features and options. My question is do I keep the C7 or sell it when I order the new 2012. Which will by the way will be a:
Two Door Rubicon
Manual Trans
Leather
Sahara Tan or Red
All options except the body colored fenders and Top.

Tell me, what you would do?
Buy the 12 then sell the CJ to Tom for a ridiculously low price :thumb:

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you can afford it, buy the 12. When you find that you are not driving the CJ, then you will know you can handle selling it. But, if you never take the Rubi off road, then you have you CJ. Although you my regret spending extra money on a Rubi instead of having a sport custom made. P.S. I will pay one dollar more than Daggo, :thumb: my wife would never let me have two.

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
get a few miles on the Rubi and you'll probably WANT to sell the old dog to some unsuspecting antique Jeepophile.

As I've gotten to be more of an antique myself, my infatuation with the over romanticized mechanical and stylistic ambiance of old iron, has thankfully decreased.

I first noticed a surprising discovery years ago when I juggled my limited funds around to acquire a pristine virtually NOS motorcycle, exact model from my teens that occupied so much of my attention and energy for several years. At the time the Honda 305 Super Hawk seemed to be all that anyone could ever need, and I rode it everywhere during the late 60s.

Going ahead a decade or 2, leaping onto the 'NOS' model, was a study in disappointment with the now inadequate formerly sterling features of the previous era.

Similar has happened in 4 wheeled vehicles as well.

It's hard to get the satisfaction of classic design out of our heads. And the joys of those experiences can not be duplicated.

The pleasure of what the new stuff brings most often does justify itself.

·
Bazinga!
1,180 Posts
Keep it!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
keep it! you may kick yourself later on for selling it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had an '86 CJ7 ('last of a great breed' shield on the dash - one of the last 1,000 CJ's made) that I sold, and I regretted it tremendously. But then I bought my '06 Rubicon and I COULD NOT BELIEVE how much better the TJ was. Now, I'm trading the TJ for a '12 Rubicon because I drove a '12 and I COULD NOT BELIEVE how much better the JK was! LET GO OF THE OLD BEAST AND STEP UP TO THE PLATE! You won't be looking back!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
To Tom, Since you are a gazillionaire, a low price would be about 34,000, Right. LOL
Up Hill Bill: I know the Sahara Tan is no longer in production. I am hoping my dealer and talk them into mixing up a special batch of the Color Just for me (I can hope right). If not Flame Red will do just fine. Orange Crush would be cool too, but I think I would get tired of it.
Most of you are probably right, I will get the 12 and the poor ole CJ will just sit. And the pooch will be pissed cause he loves the CJ.
Dang, decisions, decisions. :facepalm:

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts