Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My people will have some people in town next weekend. Said people want to do a run. Executive decision has been made for CK, next Saturday.

Meeting at chevron Station on I17 and cave creek hwy st 9 am.

Have your people get with my people

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Checking to see if I can do that.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,926 Posts
Gonna try to make it. It's Mothers day sales in floral dept. might get stuck working.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Gonna try to make it. It's Mothers day sales in floral dept. might get stuck working.
I can totally understand that. So far, so good for me on Saturday. My kids are working, so that usually frees me up.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I17 and Carefree Hwy, right? Looks good as of now.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,926 Posts
I'm in, but I'll just catch you at castle hot springs if we are doing the back way, as I'm coming from the far west side. I'll have the CB on ch. 4 if anyone wants to give a shout out when your close.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I17 and Carefree Hwy, right? Looks good as of now.
Looking forward to checking out your new "Stuff", All I got was some soft lower doors.

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Looking forward to checking out your new "Stuff", All I got was some soft lower doors.
I have trail doors on the list, but wife doesn’t like running in the dust and wants A/C when it’s warm out, so not sure I’ll ever get those. I did order a summer combo top. Turns the front seat area in to a truck like cab. It’s on back order, but maybe this time next month I’ll have it.

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I have trail doors on the list, but wife doesn’t like running in the dust and wants A/C when it’s warm out, so not sure I’ll ever get those. I did order a summer combo top. Turns the front seat area in to a truck like cab. It’s on back order, but maybe this time next month I’ll have it.
We're we running the back way or starting from the top?

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
I suspect back way... But I guess Adam will let us know at the Chevron.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tomorrow is still a go. Backway from lake pleasant. 9 am at chevron on carefree hwy and i17

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
I'll meet you all where the pavement ends at lake pleaseant.

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Well, quite a day on BWCK. We had some fun for sure and the hard lines are definitely showing their wear and tear. A little carnage on the trail, we had a door hit and a bolt out of a sway bar caused a broken weld on a front cross member...

But, as we headed down to air up, we found that we had a Jeep with the rear locker stuck on and after an hour or 2 trying to get it unstuck, we nursed it down to Black Canyon City where it sits, waiting for a ride on a flatbed...

And the taxi for those participants was my LJ that decided to dump all the oil from the transmission on the freeway just before Carefree Highway... So it's also awaiting a flatbed ride up in Cave Creek. My youngest daughter went to my oldest daughters workplace to pick up her minivan to come get us. Only way we could get enough seats for everyone. Got home just after midnight.... Now to go pick up the stricken Jeeps.

·
Super Moderator
12,673 Posts
Well, quite a day on BWCK. We had some fun for sure and the hard lines are definitely showing their wear and tear. A little carnage on the trail, we had a door hit and a bolt out of a sway bar caused a broken weld on a front cross member...

But, as we headed down to air up, we found that we had a Jeep with the rear locker stuck on and after an hour or 2 trying to get it unstuck, we nursed it down to Black Canyon City where it sits, waiting for a ride on a flatbed...

And the taxi for those participants was my LJ that decided to dump all the oil from the transmission on the freeway just before Carefree Highway... So it's also awaiting a flatbed ride up in Cave Creek. My youngest daughter went to my oldest daughters workplace to pick up her minivan to come get us. Only way we could get enough seats for everyone. Got home just after midnight.... Now to go pick up the stricken Jeeps.
Sounds like a typical day out for any serious group. At least you have Sunday to collect the Jeeps without missing work. Hope all the fixes are cheap & easy.
That's why I have a tow bar that works with my F-150 and tow shackles on the front of the YJ.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts

Sorry Rod, I thought you had it licked, if it's any consolation I put a decent enough ding in my trans skid plate to make me start shopping for reinforcement.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks to all who went for a mostly successful, non carnage run.

All got home safe and sound.

Weather was lovely, cooler than I expected. Not as crowded either. A few obstacles are "smoother", filled in with sand. I didn't bounce around as much.

Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Our Jeep’s are home safely... hoping my trans just overheated.

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Super Moderator
16,383 Posts
Apparently the Forest Fire we saw going up the hill to the pines was started right next to Cow Creek rd. 34.096 latitude, -112.423 longitude. It was apparently human caused. Everyone needs to be safe out there and do their part to keep the forest open.
We're supposed to finally have a wet monsoon this year... I hope so. It will really help our land.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts