Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically, I've been getting a loud clank in my front end randomly while driving, after driving through about 20 miles of creek today. Everything seems to be functioning fine, but the clank is starting to worry me. Nothing on my suspension seems to be loose, so I'm starting to think it's the front drive shaft.

About 10 miles in, a large branch got wedged inbetween the driveshaft and the frame right before the control arms. Got the branch out eventually, and the four worked great the rest of the day, everything seems intact too.

If it is my driveshaft, what is the stock length on an 06 TJ Sport 6 speed?

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for any possible suggestions.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Basically, I've been getting a loud clank in my front end randomly while driving, after driving through about 20 miles of creek today. Everything seems to be functioning fine, but the clank is starting to worry me. Nothing on my suspension seems to be loose, so I'm starting to think it's the front drive shaft.

About 10 miles in, a large branch got wedged inbetween the driveshaft and the frame right before the control arms. Got the branch out eventually, and the four worked great the rest of the day, everything seems intact too.

If it is my driveshaft, what is the stock length on an 06 TJ Sport 6 speed?

Thanks for reading this, and thanks for any possible suggestions.
Any specific scenario where you hear the sound?

·
Registered
274 Posts
You could try removing the front driveshaft and driving it. That'll at least narrow down your options if you don't hear the noise, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i went down that creek again today. The clanking stopped after we got out, but i still hear it every once and a while. Now i have another issue that i found out, my radiator fan is shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts