Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What cleaners get the mud spots after cleaning off? I used a car soap and scubbed with brush but the mud left spots on top and plastic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not sure about the soft top, but I used armor-all cleaner wipes on my plastic fenders, then the protectant. Just every-day dirt/mud splashes, but it worked well for me

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Armor All is not supposed to be very good for your vehicles, at least from what I've learned here. It makes everything LOOK pretty, but if you don't apply it religiously it actually leaves your vehicle in worse shape than if you hadn't treated it with anything at all... :facepalm:

LOTS of people here recommend 303 Aerospace products. We have the plastics and fabric guard and they both work great. Now that I have a soft top, I'm planning to get their soft top cleaner, too.

For the windows, Plexus was the brand I saw recommended the most. I bought a can from amazon and LOVE it! I had a big spot of tree sap or something equally sticky right in the middle of my back window. I tried to clean it with water and a microfiber towel and it just wouldn't come off. When the Plexus arrived, I hit the spot with a shot of it and it rubbed right off. My soft top windows also seem to repel dirt and water more now than they did before.

Hope this helps! :)

·
Administrator
42,613 Posts
I used to swear by Armorall untill I learned how it works. It strips any UV protectant off what ever it is sprayed on and replaces it with it's own. Unless you continually re-apply the Armorall, it will dry out leaving you with nothing.

I've tried several products that all seem to work equally well. The main difference in them are the costs and availability. I haven't tried Plexis, I guess I'll have to pick some up.

Bestop makes products that you can buy seperately or in a combo pack. They have a soft top cleaner, a soft top protectant and a cleaner/protestant for the windows. My local 4x4 shop carries this and it is also available on line.

I mainly use Mother's Back to Black on my plastic but it works great on the top too. Thgere is also Mother's plastic cleaner I've tried on the windows and it works well. These are sold at most auto parts stores.

Lastly, IMO the absolute pest for the top is 303 Aerospace Protectant. It's more expensive and is in a spray bottle so be carefull of overspray if you use it. Ace Hardware carries it.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Plexus works really well, BeastMaster. You can buy it from amazon, but make sure you look at all the amazon listings. One prime option is over $20 and the other is right around $20, both fulfilled by amazon. Save yourself a coupled dollars, anyway. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts