Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably a dumb question but, I have Light Gray Grizzley wheels on my 2001 TJ and they are quite corroded in spots. I have read on this website tips to sand and polish them. My question is, on these light gray wheels, does the gray go all the way through? In other words, if I sand them down to get rid of corrosion, what color will they be?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't get a pic for a couple of days, but, I understood that the grizzly wheel came in both the silver colored cast alum and the darker slate gray alum. The clear coat has come off in spots and corrosion has set in.

·
Registered
87 Posts
They are painted so if sand them down
You are going to remove the finish. You can sand them all and refinish all. Now if you want to Change color now's the time to do it

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was wondering, if the gray wheels were painted or if the alum had some color in it. So if I totally sand them down would they be the alum color such as the lighter grizzly wheels? Probably have to clear coat them in that case? Thanks for the reply.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts