Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently in the process of plasti dipping my fender flares. I was wondering how everyone cleans theirs if they're plasti dipped. Has anyone tried tire foam? It cleans rubber tires so maybe it could clean rubber flares. I would hate to spend the time plasti dipping the flares if they're gonna get permanent mud stains the first time I go wheeling with them.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Why dont you just paint them with krylon fusion?

1. its cheaper
2. it wont peel off
3. you can scrub it.

i mean, youre already taping it up and everything.. might as well do it right.

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Use Krylon Fusion. Plastidipping fender flares will be a waste of time and money.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have plastic dipped many things, including my wheels. You can scrub it, and power wash it. It will only peel if scratched or intentionally. That being said I would suggest bedlinering your flares jnstead.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I just bed lined mine. Used 2 cans for 3 coats. It came out great IMHO. 7.99 per can + 20% off coupon at Harbor Freight. Only issue I had was not letting dry for the Entire day and when I put them in the back seat to transport some stuck to the seat. Now its been a week and they look great and give a little contrast to the shiny paint. Time will tell how easy mud will rinse off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts