Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I live in Northern VA, aka Pollen HELL.

After two weeks of driving topless I have the green smudge all over the interior. I thought to use the good old Armor All wipes. NO DICE. They just left pollen lines all over.

How do you all deal with cleaning this crap off all surfaces?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
All,

I live in Northern VA, aka Pollen HELL.

After two weeks of driving topless I have the green smudge all over the interior. I thought to use the good old Armor All wipes. NO DICE. They just left pollen lines all over.

How do you all deal with cleaning this crap off all surfaces?

Thanks,

Bill
I live in central VA and normally i just get a bucket of slightly soapy water and use a microfiber rag. Dip the rag and get it wet then wipe down interior part, rinse repeat

·
Registered
504 Posts
Here in Temecula Ca. had a big pollen dump about a few weeks ago.The birds would fly out of the trees and poof pollen everywhere.The streets and cars parked outside were covered with pollen.Ya I left the windows on.Sorry no help.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Get a big jar of elbow grease. That stuff does wonders. LOL

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought a California Duster last week for that very reason and it has worked great so far. If the pollen gets wet, then probably not so much.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I live in central VA and normally i just get a bucket of slightly soapy water and use a microfiber rag. Dip the rag and get it wet then wipe down interior part, rinse repeat
...this....^^

I swear it seems as if I had a tree completely explode over my Jeep last weekend...pollen and pine guts were everywhere!....

Nothing fancy needed...I've tried a leaf blower, that sort of works...gets at least some of it out. Shop vac, then just plain old soap and water and a lot of rinse cycles does it....

If you've ever removed grout haze from a tile floor, it's a similar process...

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Leaf Blower...... Send it back where it came from!
This!^
Or if you've got an air compressor, a blow gun works even better. I open both doors, blow dirt from one side, to the other, and out the door. This works good on everyday cleaning. This is the first thing they do at the dealer my buddy works at, when they start to detail a trade in.

·
Registered
140 Posts
This with a 1/2 cup of Ammonia. Works great for breaking down the grains that get caught in the fiber. Also great if you have allergies to pollen. Won't ruin your fabric like bleach or other harsh chemicals.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I've used one of these for years for pollen as well as trail dust. Better to blow it off than rub it in. Also works for 1st stage drying before chamois. I have this specific one. The small electric or gas handhelds don't cut it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts