Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Christmas, I received a box of Armor-all cleaning products for my jeep..ye ha :)...I know...a jeep is supposed to be dirty blah blah blah :cool:.
Is Armor-all ok to use?..you hear from some to say stay away from this product. any ideas?..what are others using?

CF

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've been told that it has alcohol in it which dries out plastics and causes it to crack. Just a damp microfiber cloth with mild soap when needed works wonders.

·
Bludger
12,830 Posts
Umm...... sorry, I was detailer dept' supervisor for Toyota in Australia for a couple of years & Armor all is the worst thing to use, it attracts the dirt & is greasy. I clean my interior with a mild soap & water, when it dries I put Turtle interior sealer on it. I use a brush to get into the vents & small places & polish it with a clean soft cloth. The exterior gets a hand wax every 6 months & inbetween I just wash it with a good quality car wash at the moment I have some mcguires low suds stuff. Then dry it off with a towel or chamios

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
ive used armor all on all my vehicles, never hurt anything i had..only interior stuff though, i hate armor alls glass cleaning stuff or car wash..they suck but the interior stuff works great and ive never had any problems with it...just dont put it on your steering wheel....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Whats the best thing to use to clean soft top windows.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
armor all is junk i use simplegreen to wipe down dash and door panels,trim ive been using it for 10 years never had a problem . 303 is a great product to protect all outside peices they also make a product for the soft top fabric which works well

·
Trying to Get Lost
1,080 Posts
All you need is Turtle Wax Ice and Aerospace 303, instead of Armor all.
Second that, for the most part. :D

Turtle Wax Ice Interior for the inside parts. It works wonders with scuff marks! Cleans nicely too, keeps everything looking new.

Turtle Wax Ice works good for the entire exterior, but on the painted parts it doesn't last as long as a good paste wax.

Aerospace 303 is the best for the plastic, soft top (minus the windows), and hard top surfaces.

I just use soap and water for the windows.

Personally, I do the following (definite overkill): Full wash first, then dry. Turtle Wax Ice over the plastic and painted parts. Then Maguiar's Tech Wax 2.0 on the painted parts. Especially during the brutal FL summer I may do an extra coat on the plastic and tops with 303. TW Ice Interior on the inside.

Takes a while, but if I do it every couple of months, it doesn't matter how dirty it gets... it ends up looking like this:

:)

·
Administrator
30,781 Posts
The only products I ever use on my soft top and windows. (except water)
0106110802-01.jpg

·
Registered
936 Posts
armor all is junk i use simplegreen to wipe down dash and door panels,trim ive been using it for 10 years never had a problem . 303 is a great product to protect all outside peices they also make a product for the soft top fabric which works well
"Junk"?? That's not true.....it's very good at what it does. And what it does is to make a total mess of the interior, and DESTROY the plastic and vinyl materials. If you really hate your Jeep, use armourall inside it.

·
Registered
799 Posts
MOTHERS BACK to BLACK is great on any color exterior plastic parts. It lasts and makes any color plastic look like new if it's sun damaged and faded. Factory gray fender flairs look like new on my 2005 which was a FLORIDA car and is now an OHIO snow plow.

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
I havent yet done my fenders with anything but i bought turtlewax for them. this is what I do:
full wash with a nice soap (maguires or mothers)
buff the car with mothers pre wax cleaner
wax the car with maguires gold glass wax
use mothers showtime detailer to go on top of the wax

I do all of this about once a month and once every other month in the winter because of the cold. in the winter I always skip the last step. I know it is a jeep and it is supposed to be dirty, but like people said, if Im not off roading I want it to have a really nice shine on it. a good coat of wax will prevent some of the scratches when I go off roading. I do use armor all on my tires and their glass cleaner tho. on the inside it is just soap and water tho. If you pull out the carpets you can just spray (carefully) it out when you are washing the car

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
clay bar from mothers is also good to do once a year. just do it one afternoon when you have free time

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got some wax on the black fenders and it wont come off. I know I have seen it on here but can't find it in a search. What are you guys using to get the white skid marks off the black? Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
For the interior, try Poorboy's World Natural Look (Every Poorboy's World product I've ever tried works great btw). It doesn't have a lot of shine, but it gives everything a rich finish and holds up really good to the elements. Isn't sticky and doesn't attract a lot of dust either.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I got some wax on the black fenders and it wont come off. I know I have seen it on here but can't find it in a search. What are you guys using to get the white skid marks off the black? Thanks!

I google'd it and found the answer to be peanut butter.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts