Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do guys use to clean your jeeps?
I'm talkin everything from paint, headlights, bumpers, top, tires, wheels, seats, doors, dash, windows, carpet.....everything

·
Registered
111 Posts
In between full washes the spray detailer by turtle wax ice is amazing. Just spray it on and wipe it off with a microfiber cloth. Gives it a slick waxed feel and shiny look. Other than that meguiars protects are top notch to me from car wash to tire shine. You can't beat it

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
Rain?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I power wash the undercarriage as needed. I wash and polish my jeep maybe twice a year on average.. Rain takes care of the rest..

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
how i do it

i use turtle wax ice car wash with a microfiber wash sponge, turtle wax ice liquid wax, black magic tire shine, meguiars BLACK plastic restorer, and Invisible glass for the windows all with microfiber towels and it came out like this today

Attachments

·
Registered
496 Posts
warrenc said:
i use turtle wax ice car wash with a microfiber wash sponge, turtle wax ice liquid wax, black magic tire shine, meguiars BLACK plastic restorer, and Invisible glass for the windows all with microfiber towels and it came out like this today
Just beautiful. :)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Mud!! Oh wait to wash the clean off or to clean the wash off? I hove forund that rain X makes a really awesome glass cleaner. As for everythig else I power wash the undercarriage and get a car was whenever I need it.

·
Registered
441 Posts
car soap and water, California water blade to dry, Eagle1 20/20 perfect vision and then rain x on the windows. NO tire shine

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Meguiars Mirror Glaze #7 for scrathes and scuffs and #26 Carnuba top coat. Meguiars Clay Bar every 6 months. Black Magic Tire Wet for black accents. Aerospace303 for interior and both tops.

The undercarriage is done each time I wash it... at least once a week.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Plexus is great for the soft top windows. In addition to what's been said I try to avoid anything that makes my tires or black rubber pieces to sticky or leaves a film - they just collect dust faster.

I personally think jeeps look weird with super shiny tires but a deep black is good. I've found the best way to get it black but not shiny is foaming tire cleaner that is "no touch" but instead of not touching it I actually just use a little bit of it and then wipe it off.

Armor-all also makes a sweet product that keeps brake dust off your wheels that i use on my front wheels, although i know this wouldnt apply to those of you with black wheels, it makes your car look clean for a lot longer. Without it my wheels look dirty again in a few days.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Mostly I use creek crossings. When really bad the river. It is a JeeP after all.

·
I luv bourbonz!
3,105 Posts
For those of us who really don't wash our rigs I'll tell you a trick for "cleaning" the undercarriage... Throw a sprinkler under it and go have a few beers.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
02Prove said:
For those of us who really don't wash our rigs I'll tell you a trick for "cleaning" the undercarriage... Throw a sprinkler under it and go have a few beers.
Thanks, I was wondering how you guys do that..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts