Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know...clean a jeep??? Whaaaaaaat??? =)

Seriously though, what do you guys use to clean off all the gunk that gets built up underneath. I pulled a tire off yesterday and noticed it pretty gunky with dirt, grease, oil, what have you. Looking to get rid of all that stuffs and make it look good again.

Any advice would be great!

Thanks kindly

·
Super Moderator
6,898 Posts
2 of those back and forth lawn sprinklers after wheeling trips. Just let it run for 20 min or so and its pretty clean. The put the garden hose in the frame rail and let that run for a bit down each side

·
Registered
55 Posts
I just did a cleaning to mine yesterday. Simple green (barely diluted), assortment of different scrub brushes, scotch bright pads, gloves, eye protection, garden hose with pressure nozzle.

For really greasy stuff, use a degreaser like Gunk/generic or BBQ cleaner. I have also used diesel fuel and brushes, then simple green afterward.

It kinda depends on your philosophy on chemical use, but I have used all of the above with good results.

Joe :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
59 Posts
What he said ^^^
nothing makes better sense.....do what you think is best. that's what ive learned in the 4 years ive had my tj. everyone has a different way of maintaining, fixing, modding their jeeps and that's the way it should be

1 - 8 of 8 Posts