Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
I got nothin'
1,901 Posts
There are a couple of good ways, but the way that I have found most effective is to crawl under the rig with a hose/pressure washer and go to town. Some guys park over the sprinkler, and that seems to do a decent job. However you do it, make sure you do a REALLY good job on the brakes! (Made the mistake of not getting them that well once... Expensive mistake!:eek: )

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Big sprinklers! Or pay a little kid to crawl under there with the hose... but like Jeeperman says, be sure to get the brakes good, you don't want little rocks to get between the rotor and pads :(

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
the sprinklers work especially for mud but like they said get the brakes
I had a pebble get in mine once the pressure washer wouldn't get it out so I had to remove the tire to get it out

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I usually pull it up on ramps in the front and then go to town with the pressure washer, then I flip her around and do the same with the rear. I like the sprinkler idea though, I might have to try that this summer.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Um, .......water............................lots.

There's no "easy" way. Even after pressure washing, I had to crawl under and scrape things out with my hands or a tool (putty knife, screwdriver). A lot of brush, especially desert brush (tumbleweeds), seems to want to stay put.

spraying WD-40 is a good suggestion.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Put baby oil in a spary bottle and sray it on BEFORE you go muddin'. The mud "should " just slide of with out sticking.

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
And your jeep will smell yummy!

·
Registered
973 Posts
This dosent exactly pretain to the cleaning of the cleaning of the undercarriage, but i read in a another thread somewhere about "metal brushing" and painting the parts down there. I've been looking at paints recently (for flares, window triangle, trim...you know). Anyways, I ran across a product made by Krylon, Rust Neutralizer, has anyone used/ seen this used before? Does it work as well as that picture they have up on the right? The other post just used cheap black spray paint, but I figured if you're guna do it, do it right. Any input is appreciated:D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well im gonna go invest in a sprinkler, what im planning on doing is getting it real clean and covering everything in roll-on bed liner.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
The best way is to drive through puddles really fast, instant pressure wash.
If there are no puddles of sufficient size then pull into the car wash, run your winch line upto the rafter, winch Jeep to attention and commence to hose'n.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sprinkler works good, just gotta give it some time. I tried the baby oil this past summer and that is the way to go. Makes clean-up quicker and easier. I trailer my jeep when I go wheelin, and I just stop by the local car wash on my way home and rinse off the Jeep and trailer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts