Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a set of corner markers and turn signals on quadtratec for 69 bucks, but then saw other brands, namely Recon, for much more. What brand is recommended? Is there a problem with the qtech ones? I just like the look of the clear ones. Thanks

·
Registered
174 Posts
I'm not positive, but I think the Recon ones are LED, which is why they are a lot more. The clear ones from Qtech are just covers.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the Recons are LED and they are like 230 for all 4 lights. I thought the Qtech looked nice and I believe they come with the amber bulbs. I was going to buy them, but then I saw that it was 14.99 to ship to me which is crazy.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. How do I find the Q tech rep on here? Also, I'm not familiar with Google shopping. Is that like Amazon? I checked Amazon and they weren't on there, but I have Amazon Prime

·
Registered
193 Posts
I got the set of four from Qtec and they are the same as OEM but clear with amber bulbs. The colored bulbs are not noticable when they are not on. They look light gray/smoke when off and very bright amber when on.

Personally, I think these look good an certain colors. My JK is white so replacing the big orange balls was an improvement. On other colors (like orange) not so much.

Yours being silver with painted fenders would look good.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Thanks. How do I find the Q tech rep on here? Also, I'm not familiar with Google shopping. Is that like Amazon? I checked Amazon and they weren't on there, but I have Amazon Prime
Type in product, find from cheapest store. If you do that for a product on quadratec and select quadratec as the seller through the google portal it's free shipping...

Google Shopping

·
Registered
321 Posts
Suppose I should have added that, huh?

Send a private message to "Quadratec"

Someone else covered the Google Shopping portal.

·
Registered
572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got the set of four from Qtec and they are the same as OEM but clear with amber bulbs. The colored bulbs are not noticable when they are not on. They look light gray/smoke when off and very bright amber when on.

Personally, I think these look good an certain colors. My JK is white so replacing the big orange balls was an improvement. On other colors (like orange) not so much.

Yours being silver with painted fenders would look good.
Great info, thanks!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I was looking at the Recon lights, does anyone have any real world photos? The pictures on the website seem to show a slight amber tint on the "smoked" ones. Also, how bright are they?

·
Registered
4,142 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
While I am pretty sure it would be illegal, I am wondering if anyone did the clear marker mod and stayed with the clear bulbs as opposed to putting in the amber bulbs that came with the kit.

I have done the mod (including the amber bulbs) but will be going back to clear in the fenders for sure and possibly the grill also. The reason I went to clear was to get rid of the amber so why not go all the way?

·
Nature Photog and Jeeper
2,981 Posts
How difficult is it to swap out the ones in the fenders? I watched a youtube video that talked about removing all kinds of plastic clips, fender liners etc...

I bought a pair of clear ones so they'll match the turns on my 14....but haven't tried to tear in to it yet because the how to seemed harder than I would have expected.

·
Registered
618 Posts
How difficult is it to swap out the ones in the fenders? I watched a youtube video that talked about removing all kinds of plastic clips, fender liners etc... I bought a pair of clear ones so they'll match the turns on my 14....but haven't tried to tear in to it yet because the how to seemed harder than I would have expected.
I did mine and my pops jeep. It took about 10 minutes each vehicle.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts