Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Jeepers, I recently took the Jeep out for the first time after installing the lift, and I've noticed that the front drive shaft has a ring of rust and paint scraped off where the shaft looks to have been rubbing on the belly skid. Low Pinion 30 strikes again! I'm just wondering if it'd be okay to cut a notch in the stock belly skid to give the shaft more clearance. If so, how far back should or would I be able to cut it?

·
Registered
238 Posts
I had to notch mine back a couple of inches after my lift. I replaced the Trans mount first thinking it may have worn out or settled down a bit allowing the Trans to sit lower than it should. No real difference after replacement so I cut the skid back about 2". I don't hear to many people complaining of this but I guess it's like drive line vibe, some do some dont

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't think there would be any reason not to cut the belly pan for clearance. Better that than a bent drive shaft!

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I cut a half circle out of mine for the same reason. Works like a charm. Use a grinder and just semi circle it until you have about 1 1/2-2 in extra clearance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I have my next project lined up then!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts