Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a 2" bb with a t-case lowering kit 700 miles ago with 32" mud terrain tires. now i get a click at low speeds while turning in both directions. no wobble and vibs, runs great on the road and highway. I did a lot of reading on this subject and people are diagnosing the problem by addressing almost every steering component. Does anyone have a real solution or experience. I dont want to just change my suspension out hunting for the problem.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Yes, 2 joints. One on each side. Those joints I linked will fit you're Jeep but if you search the net you should find them for about $25 each.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
If your original clicking was only at full steering lock, it might have been oversize tires on stock rims rubbing on your lower control arms.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,391 Posts
Keep in mind that not all shops are honest where recommendations for additional work is concerned. How do you know your front bearings (called unit bearing hubs) are bad? Just based on them telling you that?

How many miles are on your TJ?

And X2 to the Spicer 5-760x u-joint recommendation. Don't let the shop or store talk you into their "favorite" brand.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts