Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK I HAVE a 04 wrangler x no mods other than tires 31x10.5.
within the last weak ive noticed a clicking coming from underneath that is differernt than having rocks in the tires. it only happens when i am in motion and is constant. no unusual noises when idling. thoughts suggestions? have already crawled under and checked for foriegn objects in tires and drive shaft.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
how many miles do you have on your rig. could it possibley be a brake sensor? I know with one of my other vehicles that if my brakes got to be too low and needed replacing, this sensor would make this clicking sound when I was driving. possibility?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
if it has that many miles I doubt it is the brake problem, but I guess you never know. good luck, hope you figure it out.

·
Registered
3,917 Posts
I've had a clicking that was driving me nuts for the last few weeks, turned out be the brake line just close enough to the wheel to get tapped by a wheel weight.

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
once.. i had a friend put a wire tie on my driveshaft.. so when it turned it slapped my exhaust.. pretty fn annoyin lol

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok Had Front Brake Pads Replaced Cuz None Existed Well Maybe A Little Left. Front End All Checked Out Fine . Still Hear Noise (clicking) Any Other Suggestions?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well At Last The Noise Is Gone, It Was The U Joints . Pinion Seals Starting To Leak As Well. Thnks To All.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts