Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first time wrangler owner here.

I took my 2012 Sahara unlimited in to the dealership (nissan) to fix my leaking roof as I have only had the truck for a month now. They sent it out to a body shop across town who resealed my freedom top.

When I got it back finally after 3 days I find that when the truck is on and in park and I apply the brakes, I get a clicking sound that was NEVER there before in my center console.

I understand that this is the solenoid that allows the truck to shift out of park, however it wasn't there before the dealership drove it cross town to fix it.
Could it have been something that they did? Driving like jerks? Or does it signify that the solenoid is coming to the end of the road and should be serviced?

Please help!! I drive a lot and don't want to get stuck anywhere.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
It's most likely just a coincidence. What they worked on doesn't come in contact with the solenoid and there's nothing that they can do to damage it. Sometimes they're quiet and for the most part owners hear them activate. I wouldn't be concerned about it. If down the road there's a problem it would have to be replaced. However, it should be fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you kik. I'm a first time wrangler owner and I know with this comes new noises and leaks I wasn't used to in my previous car. It was just such an odd thing to suddenly start out of no where. Especially after I first hand witnessed one of the drivers boasting about "enjoying" a ride in another customers car at the service center :0/

I test drove the truck in absolute silence and my boyfriend and I did not hear it then and that was just a month ago.

Thanks again for responding. I'm going to stop worrying about it for now and just turn the radio up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's most likely just a coincidence. What they worked on doesn't come in contact with the solenoid and there's nothing that they can do to damage it. Sometimes they're quiet and for the most part owners hear them activate. I wouldn't be concerned about it. If down the road there's a problem it would have to be replaced. However, it should be fine.

Initially I had thought that since the leak was so bad. The center console may have gotten really wet during the fix and started causing the problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts