Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All, I am at a loss on what the sound is coming from. If I am driving at low speeds, under 30, and take my foot off of the gas, there is a "click" sound coming from somewhere under the driver side seat. I only hear it with the window down. The sound is similar to when a motorcycle is at a stop light, in neutral, and steps on the gear to put it in 1st. There are times where it does make a slight jerk when it clicks too. I tried taking it to the dealership, but they said they did not hear it. if the window is up, you dont hear it. Is that a normal "Jeep noise" or something else. It never does it if the speed is over 40 and I release the gas pedal. It is only at speeds below 30

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm so sorry. It is a 2015 JKU, 3.6. Automatic transmission. No lift, stock tire size (but Yokohama G003 instead of the Goodyear Wranglers it came with) I purchased it in May with 55462 miles on it, and it now has 57918 miles. Has not been taken off road at all yet.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The sound you hear the same sound I have. I also get the same sound sometime when going from P->D or P->R. I went as far as getting under the Jeep as it was running and having the better half move between the gears. The shift linkage is what I saw making the noise.

I never noticed the noise until I had tube doors on, and yes only at low speeds. From what others have told me its a normal "Jeep" noise.

Ken~

1 - 5 of 5 Posts