Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great trip! Thanks a ton, Wingit!!

I figured I'd start a fresh thread where we can post our pics and videos from today if we wish.

I took a bunch and they are uploading to my Flickr now. I'll post a link when they are up.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Nice job with the pics...got us all in there! Well done! Thanks.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
I second the great time and great people. Jeepers are exceptional in all ways. Here are a couple of my favorites only because they happened to me. First off, a warning. The scenes you are about to see are graphic in nature. Children and the faint of heart should look away now..... Also there is a reason why they say always wear your seat belt and jeeps and ice don't mix very well.

Thanks again to Wingit for his mentoring and his uncanny ability to get us in trouble and then get us to work together to get us out of it!!!!! He calls it a learning experience. Wouldn't trade the day for anything.

·
Premium Member
930 Posts
Pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Glad everyone had a good time. I will say it was one of the most difficult days of winter wheeling I had. The ice was everywhere. It is funny how it was almost impossible making it on small hills then at Lauries Hollar (gourge before the willy's flip) we made it through with no problems! You all have definately graduated from a newbie. Summer wheeling will be a piece of cake!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Wow! Way to show off Bob!

·
Registered
971 Posts
Yup...was a scare for some time...he was trying to avoid a deep hole in a rut, over steered on the banks and tilted over...i was right behind him, tried to tow strap pull him down but was so slippery that btooth had to pull me while i was pulling him...but got him out relatively quickly...glad he was wearing the seat belt and was ok.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
First time out and ya got to jump into recovery too? Sweet, sorry I missed it today!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Rubi action

Trail 13 what I call the bowl and if we didn't have a winch we would still be down in it. This guy was the only one to make it out under his own power! No winch needed!

·
Registered
265 Posts
Heh, not sure how I missed this thread and put mine in the other one. Oh well.

Great time today.

Nice pics guys!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Uncontrollable

What kind of moron would take a bunch of newbie's and expect them to slide without control down a hill layered in ice.....BACKWARDS!!!! Oh wait that was me! :facepalm:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
:worthy: He don't 4 wheel he 5 wheels. Even the spare had dirt on it! First for me. Never seen a Jeep so close to rolling down a hill!

1 - 20 of 115 Posts