Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. New here. Just got my first Jeep in January when the polar vortex killed my car!

Does anyone know if the Cliffs Insane Terrain in IL is going to do the Jeep Thing weekend this year? I see it still references 2013.

Furthermore are the beginner trails ok for a stock jku sport s with 17 inch tires?

Thanks.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hey everyone. New here. Just got my first Jeep in January when the polar vortex killed my car!

Does anyone know if the Cliffs Insane Terrain in IL is going to do the Jeep Thing weekend this year? I see it still references 2013.

Furthermore are the beginner trails ok for a stock jku sport s with 17 inch tires?

Thanks.
I don't know about Cliff's Insane Terrain Jeep Thing but the stock JKU Sport is a very capable offroad vehicle. The main limitation is clearance. I have a sport with the stock 17" wheels and 255 70r17 tires and have it on the trails most weekends(nothing too extreme). I just hit rocks, mostly with the cross member in front of the exhaust pipe but it's not bad.
Hook up with a local offroad group and just take it slow.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks for the replies and info.

Good to know the stock Jeep is in fact Trail Rated as is. :) I am hoping to enjoy some trails without having to put more money into the Jeep yet...just put on a soft top for the summer!

ForumRunner_20140424_124356.jpg

·
Registered
684 Posts
Hey thanks for the replies and info.

Good to know the stock Jeep is in fact Trail Rated as is. :) I am hoping to enjoy some trails without having to put more money into the Jeep yet...just put on a soft top for the summer!
Looks good. Just watch those steps near any rocks or stumps, they're plastic and won't take much trail abuse.
Have fun!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah, cheers. Thanks for the tip. I'll be hoping to take things easy for now. Still owe a big chunk to the bank of course!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts