Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe its me but when my JK climate control was in auto mode I could crank up the temp and the fans would come on full blast blowing hot air out of the dash vents on my JL the only way to get the fan on full blast is to crank up the fan manually which leads me to believe that the climate control is not functioning properly. In the summer running the AC all works as it should but something is not right in the winter running the heat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Was driving my 2020 home the other night and had the same issue. I just figured I was doing something wrong and planned to mess with it later. Perhaps someone here has some insight..

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I would take my blue/red dial back in a second. The climate control in the JL is complicated especially to adjust while driving.
A simple dial system is easy. Don't even have to look at it to adjust.

·
Super Moderator
10,607 Posts
A lot of JL owners are complaining that the sensors for the Auto HVAC, well, don’t sense squat.

It can be 40F outside, with the HVAC set at 70F it will blow cold air into my face; hit the red arrow just once to 71F and starts blowing hot as if trying to roast a turkey.

The Auto HVAC in my JKs was not only much simpler, but rarely had to touch it. Once you set it, it kept a comfortable temp for days if not weeks.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
A lot of JL owners are complaining that the sensors for the Auto HVAC, well, don’t sense squat.

It can be 40F outside, with the HVAC set at 70F it will blow cold air into my face; hit the red arrow just once to 71F and starts blowing hot as if trying to roast a turkey.

The Auto HVAC in my JKs was not only much simpler, but rarely had to touch it. Once you set it, it kept a comfortable temp for days if not weeks.
Exactly how mine behaves... thought it was just mine. Practically worthless. I never use it as a result. Why have something that is worse than doesn't work.
It acts like it is nuts.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my point being the fan will not blow on high in auto mode no matter what I set the temp to its 29 deg outside I up the temp to 80 deg the fan blower does not come on I have to manually crank up the fan. Is this what you folks are experiencing ?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I test drove a Sahara and I did the exact same thing I thought it was broke so I manually adjusted it to make it go all the way up. Then all of a sudden the thing took off at least it sounded like it due to that fan that was really annoying.
Eads

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
The setting you put your thermostat on with a JL is really more just a suggestion of what you want the temperature to be. The HVAC still more or less does what it wants to do, irregardless of where you set the thermostat.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I agree with MOPWR2U . I have a 2019 Wrangler ,Sahara, JL and thought the same as most of you, ie., "the auto climate control sux", especially the auto-fan control. I have noticed that while in "auto" mode the fan will EVENTUALLY ROAR into life ! I repeat, "EVENTUALLY", usually by that time my feet are frozen, LoL !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts