Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Happy Friday to everyone. Its going to be nice in Dallas this weekend so looking forward to some outdoor fun.

So I posted a few weeks back and received some great feedback. I have been reading this forum and the internet often. I am very close to pulling the trigger.

I am going with a 2 dr Rubicon but just visited KBB and built the Hard Rock version and it came to like $900 bucks more for the hard rock. My thinking is I am going to keep this toy for years so for that kind of dough I may as well spring for another grand or so. Yup I know I wont use a lot of the goodies in this bad boy, but I work hard and want it.

BTW being a newbie I wanted to ask if you had insight into colors and how this affect resale value.(thinking 5-6 years down the line) but anyway...

Two things kind of holding me back is in a few months the 16's come out. Not sure if I should wait ( I know this is not a redesign ) but that said there could be a few small cool changes.

And also, I am not sure about the special editions. Perhaps I should wait until May or June to learn about what special edition is released.

I am not in a huge rush but...I guess if I want it for this summer I should pull the trigger right?

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for your thoughts and have a good weekend,

·
Registered
133 Posts
Not worth worry about the color or the year really, Jeeps hold their value. I bought and have since sold a 2010 JKU sport. I still get dealerships offering me more than I paid for it 4 years ago. I upgraded to a rubicon and never looked back. As far as special editions a lot of them don't make sense to me unless you want that hard rock with bumpers and the hood. I personally like making it my own and finding deals on accessories to make it look they way I want it to for your own taste. In 6 years you will have it paid off and it will still be worth plenty of money, 22-30k depending on what you buy.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hi All,

Happy Friday to everyone. Its going to be nice in Dallas this weekend so looking forward to some outdoor fun.

So I posted a few weeks back and received some great feedback. I have been reading this forum and the internet often. I am very close to pulling the trigger.

I am going with a 2 dr Rubicon but just visited KBB and built the Hard Rock version and it came to like $900 bucks more for the hard rock. My thinking is I am going to keep this toy for years so for that kind of dough I may as well spring for another grand or so. Yup I know I wont use a lot of the goodies in this bad boy, but I work hard and want it.

BTW being a newbie I wanted to ask if you had insight into colors and how this affect resale value.(thinking 5-6 years down the line) but anyway...

Two things kind of holding me back is in a few months the 16's come out. Not sure if I should wait ( I know this is not a redesign ) but that said there could be a few small cool changes.

And also, I am not sure about the special editions. Perhaps I should wait until May or June to learn about what special edition is released.

I am not in a huge rush but...I guess if I want it for this summer I should pull the trigger right?

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for your thoughts and have a good weekend,
Get the color you want and I wouldn't buy a special edition myself. Over paying for a crappy Mopar bumpers doesn't make any sense to me. Unless you like it of course. That's pretty much it. Buy what you like.

·
Super Moderator
10,909 Posts
Only $900 more for a JKRHR? Did you do the math well?

Every comparison I came across found the difference to be upwards of $4,000.

The bumpers alone are $2,000; the hood another $800, enhanced rock rails and fuel door another $300...etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. I did. I checked it 4 times on kbb.
Only option on hard rock was the 4.10 I added.

With all the options I picked on the rubicon the hard rock was only about 1000 more. Is kbb accurate?

Sounds like you may be right. The price differential has to be higher right or we all would be buying the hard rock over the base rubicon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ps
Invoice price on rubicon
With connectivity leather 4.10 ,power package premium soft top is 35,295
Hard rock invoice with just 4.10 and all above is

Need to look at another site

1 - 6 of 6 Posts