Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Has anyone noticed that the cloverpatch window storage does not seem large enough for the side windows? I followed the directions, and even had a buddy test it out to make sure I wasn't making a stupid error.

In the directions, the picture demonstrates laying the side window in, and there is nothing left hanging out of the end. However, I've got probably 8-10 inches that are hanging out.

I'm worried that over time the two side windows will rub against each other.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Daggo, thanks for the reply.

However, I did try turning it the other way, which would be against the directions and picture, but that would require rolling the ridgid portion, and that did not seem like a good idea.

Any more suggetions?

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
I have the Mopar window storage bag. It works well. It is four years old now. No issues from the start and is wearing not at all as it still looks new and I use it a lot while the soft top is on. Can't help you at all with the one you have but others reading your thread trying to decide will know that there is an alternative.

Good luck with yours. Hope you figure it out.

Is it possible you got the one for the two door and you have a four door? I thought that the windows must be different size between the two models.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Daggo, thanks for the reply.

However, I did try turning it the other way, which would be against the directions and picture, but that would require rolling the ridgid portion, and that did not seem like a good idea.

Any more suggetions?
It's OK to roll it that way. I have the Bestop version and the windows roll east to west as opposed to north and south. That plastic that fits into the channel is not rigid. You don't need to roll the windows tightly.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
It's OK to roll it that way. I have the Bestop version and the windows roll east to west as opposed to north and south. That plastic that fits into the channel is not rigid. You don't need to roll the windows tightly.
^^^^ This! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Hum I dont have any overhang when I use my cloverpatch.?
You shouldn't be trying your cloverpatch with a hangover....:rofl:

Sorry, couldn't help myself! :eek:

·
Registered
498 Posts
Are these really worth the price or is there something else/home-made that could be done for cheaper. Just seems kind of pricey...

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Mopar window storage bag is 100% worth it and the price was right even from the dealer. Competitive with online prices at the time I got it. No shipping.

·
Registered
552 Posts
just to nitpick the bestop version a little...it wasn't made for the wider 2011+ rear window so the felt does not fully cover it...that's my only gripe....well, they could have a black version....and maybe a built in beer tap too.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I love my Clover Patch! I think it was worth it... wanted to keep my windows with me, but have the back seat and/or cargo space available (and not have them laying there to be scratched). 3 years and they are in excellent shape. They spend most of the summer rolled up.

I haven't compared with other options, though... this one just worked for me (on my 2-door, will report back when I get my JKU).

From what I remember, I roll mine left to right, so the plastic on the bottom of the window is being rolled up. And come to think of it, if you rolled the other way, the plastic that goes into the door frame would be rolled up, and it's about the same...

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts
Hey guys I was thinking about getting this, and had one question, does it fit under the rear seat in an early TJ?
No. The cloverpatch fits on top of the folded down soft top. The Bestop version will fit in the storage area behind the seat or on top of the folded down soft top.

·
Registered
3 Posts
bag dimensions

Hey can you please tell me the lenght of the clover patch window roll? i'm trying to do one... but i need the perfect dimensions!

1. i need the lenght of the bag.
2. the dimensions of the felt layers!

i will really apriciate your help!:banghead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts