Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I made a post about a clunk when shifting. I came to the conclusion that it’s most likely because because I have a lunchbox style locker. Since the locker replaces the spider gears I’ve been thinking about putting the spider gears back on. Would this be a good decision or should I keep the locker. I bought the Jeep with the locker, so I don’t have the spider gears, I would have to buy them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
185 Posts
Gotta go.

I have a lunch box locker in the front and I hate it. It is on my ever growing list of things to do.

Reactions: Yjalex

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
When shifting doesn’t point to the locker imo..I happen to love my Aussie locker. Best budget locker for the front, Don’t get me wrong I would love a selectable upfront. It wasn’t in the budget at the time and it was a requirement for the Jeep jamborees USA run. I’m set up in the rear already. When the time comes if at all, I will replace it with an ARB.

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t

·
Super Moderator
10,647 Posts
Cheap and easy first.
Check your transmission and motor mounts. Replace if worn or broken.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheap and easy first.
Check your transmission and motor mounts. Replace if worn or broken.

Good Luck, L.M.

Yup, I’ve replaced the motor mounts and transmission mount as well as both u-joints on the rear driveshaft. I’ve noticed that the drive shaft has about an inch of rotational play, which I believe that it’s the result of the locker replacing the spider gears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts