Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my clutch master cylinder replaced two weeks ago. Today my clutch would not get out of gear. It went out for a second and I pumped the clutch and it firmed up. Then I pushed the clutch to try engage it but it made a grumbling sound. Now the battery is completely dead and when I charge it, the gauges keep jumping and there is a beeping sound. I am not sure if these two things are connected but I have no idea.

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
They are two different problems. When they replaced the master cylinder, did they also replace the slave cylinder and interconnecting line as a unit, or just the master cylinder? How did they determine the master cylinder was bad?
If they only replaced the master, did they bleed the system?

Clutch Possibilities: Needs bleeding, bad slave cylinder, bad throw out bearing/worn out clutch.

Battery: first pull the battery cables and clean the inside of the cable clamps and the battery posts with a battery brush. Make sure the battery is charged, then reconnect and try again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I cleaned off the battery posts and I have power again. However, the shop showed me that the actual clutch would not engage, so they are fixing that.

·
Registered
15,683 Posts
If pumping pedal makes it work it should be a hydraulic rather than mechanical issue with clutch

Hydraulic is limited to fluid level, slave cylinder, master cylinder, and the tube that connects them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts