Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clicking is probably a very broad problem, so i'll try to be as specific as possible. I've taken my jeep offroading plenty off times, so I won't be surprised if that's what caused this. It doesn't happen if I haven't been driving my jeep for at least 20 minutes, but when i'm sitting at a stoplight or at a drive-thru my jeep will start making this clicking noise at idle, but I discovered that when I press in the clutch pedal, the clicking disappears, sometimes I can even coax it into not clicking if I slowly release the clutch after pressing it in. I really hope this isn't a transmission problem, but it seems to be leaning that direction. Anything helps!

·
Registered
926 Posts
Mine clicks if I gently push the clutch like I am ready to engage so I have started taking my foot off and no pressure to get rid of the clicking btw I have a 2014 so it's pretty new probably you need to do some fine adjustments.

If you get no solutions here look at the Nissan xtera and tacoma forums see if they have a similar problem haven't heard of too many people complaining about that around here.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I can hear some gear gnash on my 2013 GETRAD manual when I am idling and my foot is off of the clutch. it goes away when I have my foot on the clutch. I am do for a transmission fluid change so I will see if that helps the audible gnash.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mine occasionally does the same clicking. It seems to be something with the pressure plate or springs in the clutch disk to me, Not something I have had much concern about.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Mine started clicking after the slave cylinder fail, soaking the clutch with brake fluid. It finally went away last fall and then in Jan another slave cylinder failed and it's back.

Fiat makes the worst clutch on the planet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
MY 08 ruby does it , clutch has been replaced 3 times trans. once . And its currently at the dealership now for the same issues. My clutch is under warranty so I will keep taking it back till someone gets tired of it and fixs it or gives up..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts