Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have seen a few threads and questions about a creaking clutch when starting and shifting. Have a 2005 Willys edition X with that issue. Saw answers ranging from full clutch replacement to its a normal "wear and tear" sound from jeeps.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Correct, if I were to go out and work the clutch back and forth it would sound:banghead: like a creaking door hinge.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, its rather annoying. Just hoping I'm not going to be out a lot of cash because of it.:eek: You tubed throw out bearing and the example there isn't the same sound. The clutch creaks even when jeep isn't running. Almost the same sound as engaging the ebrake. Attached a you tube vid that isnt mine but it is exactly what my clutch is doing.

http://youtu.be/RXNtXLugQmU

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Good info, bad thing is I'm not a mechanic and won't be able to pull of fixing it myself. Any idea what this might cost me or should I just live with it? Or is this something that will get worse and eventually need addressed anyways?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts