Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tonight I was shifting from first to second and all of the sudden the clutch dropped to the floor like something broke.

When I went to shift into third the clutch was back but felt different.

Before when I shifted the clutch pedal would go all the way to the floor and release like normal about halfway up and start gripping.

Now the clutch doesn't feel like it able to be pushed all the way to the floor and it releases almost at the top of the stroke of the pedal.

The jeep is actually hard to start now because you have to push the clutch so hard to engage the clutch safety switch.

It actually drives fine the clutch just in engages and disengage in a different points than it used to.

I'm getting ready to go out to the garage and do a little bit of investigating any input would be greatly appreciated

It's a 99 2.5 4 cylinder the clutch has about 10,000 miles on it since I replace the engine

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it fixed someone on another forum had a similar issue and this fixed it.

Just replaced my clutch master cylinder, something popped in it tonight and it engaged and disengage at a different point in stroke than it had before. I had to push extremely hard to get the safety switch to allow me to start it. Anyway all is good now it starts fine now. :thumb:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts