Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was over at friends replacing his Kia's fuel pump and a neighbor came by and was asking about my YJ and wanted to know what all is involved replacing a bad Clutch pedal sensor and maybe master cylinder, on his 2014 wrangler unlimited. All my Jeep experience is YJ oriented so looking for a rundown from someone on the Clutch Pedal sensor, mainly where is it located, I think the Master cylinder should be self explanatory.

Please and Thanks

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
4,396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I guess I should have added that I wanted to know if he's talking about just a clutch pedal switch to prevent starting while in gear, or is there some other kind of sensor that is unrelated.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
It's on the master cylinder. You can bypass it, but I'm not sure if it causes a CEL to tell you to stop riding the clutch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts