Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Replaced Clutch, Throwout Bearing, Master and Slave Cylander, Hyd Oil. My clutch would catch by pushing Down only 1/2 inch before. Now it must go to floor. Reverse will only engage if I start it in reverse but it's still engaged even with clutch on the floor. Damwwith first gear. Will only engage 1 and second with engine off.if I had a lift I'd do it myself but I dont. Cost be 1600 bucks and they saved the fly wear. Why is my pedal so low? It never was before.
Any advice. If there is a nother sticky or post about this topic please direct me to it I haven't been a round for a while

only

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Did they replace the pressure plate and fly wheel? Sounds like a shop did this and should absolutely fix their work.

Basically, there are three things that could cause this, ranked in what I consider the most common:
1. Air or leak in the clutch hydraulic line, failed slave, or failed master cylinder for clutch. The air or hydraulic leak causes soft or low pedal that can't push the throwout bearing far enough to disengage the pressure plate.

2. Pressure plate springs are worn. Basically the springs bend, break, or flatten, so although the throwout bearing is moving in the correct motion, it can't depress the springs enough to release the clutch.

3. Excessively worn flywheel or incorrectly shimmed flywheel. The flywheel is effectively further away, so the throw on the release pivot isn't long enough.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts