Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I replaced the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder because there was no resistance in the pedal. now there is a new problem. There is some pressure in the pedal but the clutch engages when you releace the pedal about an inch off of the floor. I double checked to see if everything was hooked up right i bench bled the master cylinder. Could the problem be that it was not bench bled all the way and there is still air in the cylinder? If you have any idea can you please help

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just keep bleeding till it works. the only other thing can think of that I have delt with before, is that sometimes the slave cylinder can suck air into the system when you release the clutch. if you have replaced it then you should be fine......just keep bleeding

·
Registered
47 Posts
I dont know alot about the jeep system but on other cars I just bleed it by pumping the pedal a few times ( try to get it firm), hold it to the floor and crack the bleeder valve and let it bleed. then tighten and repeat. it really doesnt take long on most cars

1 - 7 of 7 Posts