Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all got a question or two regarding 'my 95 yj with a 4 cylinder with the 5 speed. I had it parked and off the road for a few months and when I went to start it up to move it It started up just fine but when I went to put it into gear it wouldn't go into any gears. So I shut it down and was able to shift it into all gears while pressing the clutch. I then tried to start it up in first gear while pressing the clutch and all it wants to do is jump forward and not start up it will turn over just won't start up.. Just wondering does this sound like a blown out clutch or is it something else I'm missing. Thanks for the help in advance

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
The clutch needs to be bled. Or the master/slave is bad from setting around. The seals dry up and then when they get used again they tear or leak. So check it out it may be leaking at the firewall inside the cab where the peddle is look for fluid on the metal area below the linkage. Underneath look at the inspection plate and see if it is dripping brake fluid.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts