Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,my 1994 jeep yj is releasing pressure from the clutch .Is this the master cylinder? If so can someone send me link where I can buy everything

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi Check that your not loosing fluid from the master cylinder, if all ok go to the clutch pedal and adjust the angle where the bar fixes onto the pedal its on a cam so just loosen it and adjust slightly then retighten and try it out. If no good try removing the pedal connection then push it in and out by hand and see if it will release. The reason for this is that the clutch master cylinder internal seals wear and sometimes stick and do not compress the fluid very well. I did mine last year after the clutch started to engage with the pedal down, and after fitting the new one i had to adjust the cam on the pedal as it would only operate correctly in one place (a fiddley job of trial and error) but once in the right angle it was ok.
Im sorry but as im in the UK i cant help with parts, but if you are in the US parts are as cheap as chips.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts