Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my clutch went several weeks back on my 2012 with approximately 88k miles on it. I've been researching on which clutch kit to purchase. I was informed to stay away from Centerforce, due to issues and problems with the JK. I was recommended to go with either Luk or Rhinopac clutch kits.

Also, should I replace my clutch fork, pivot ball, etc at this time? What are the recommended parts to replace?

Trying to get my ducks lined up prior to ordering parts. I appreciate the help.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Really like luk clutches. I would replace everything in there when you open it up. Clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, fly wheel, etc.. basically any wear item in there you want to do now so you won't have to come back later and open it up again.

·
Registered
20 Posts
+1 with 93YJfan. Exactly what I just did. I had my flywheel turned though instead of replacing. It was still in pretty good shape after 35k miles.

One thing that really threw me off was how soft the clutch was after replacement. It took a week or so to work all the bubbles out or whatever. It was really weird. We bled the crap out of it but it was still soft. It's better now though.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I ended up going with the Luk clutch kit. Everyone seems to like it. Hopefully it's a smooth install.

·
Registered
701 Posts
So my clutch went several weeks back on my 2012 with approximately 88k miles on it. I've been researching on which clutch kit to purchase. I was informed to stay away from Centerforce, due to issues and problems with the JK. I was recommended to go with either Luk or Rhinopac clutch kits.

Also, should I replace my clutch fork, pivot ball, etc at this time? What are the recommended parts to replace?

Trying to get my ducks lined up prior to ordering parts. I appreciate the help.

And what issues with Centerforce clutch have you heard or seen? My understanding is that if you get the RIGHT clutch assembly they are a pretty good option

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
+1 with 93YJfan. Exactly what I just did. I had my flywheel turned though instead of replacing. It was still in pretty good shape after 35k miles.

One thing that really threw me off was how soft the clutch was after replacement. It took a week or so to work all the bubbles out or whatever. It was really weird. We bled the crap out of it but it was still soft. It's better now though.
The flywheel is concave, so you're not supposed to turn it.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And what issues with Centerforce clutch have you heard or seen? My understanding is that if you get the RIGHT clutch assembly they are a pretty good option
I wasn't given much details but apparently "design issues" with the JK. For me, I did not have plans to go with CF anyway due to the price tag they carry.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I wasn't given much details but apparently "design issues" with the JK. For me, I did not have plans to go with CF anyway due to the price tag they carry.

You were given some bad advice. Centerforce makes a damn good clutch.
Luk is good as well. I hope your mechanic changed the cheap plastic throwout Luk supplies.
Or you may be paying him to pull it apart again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts