Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is randy,I have a 2000 wrangler sport 4.0 5 speed. We love it.Clutch pedel went to floor.I had to replace clutch slave cylinder located on the outside of trany.I followed directions on bleeding it. started to get a little pedal, heard the little plastic straps break just like there supposed to then fluid started pouring out the bottom of belhousing by dust cover.Anyone ever experience this before? Thanks Greatly, Randy

·
Jeeper
5,096 Posts
When installing it were you sure the end of the slave ended up where it is supposed to? Maybe it wasent pushing on the fork & when you pushed in the clutch the end of it blew out??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put it in the opening started the nut and stud just a little ,then pulled back on cylinder and went in as straight as posible i think.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Us also

Hi Randy, i was pouring through these pages looking for an answer to the exact same question you had regarding the slave cylinder. Did you ever find an answer? My son and I replaced the master and slave and had the pedal go to the floor also. Fluid pouring out through the bell housing. Hoping you might have an answer or fix to this?? Also if you would send me an email with your number so i could actually talk to someone that has been through this would be greatly appreciated. We are trying to fix this today. Its his only means of transportation. Thanks so much, Guy Collier 303-916-3329

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi Randy.
I know this is old but I just had the same thing with an internal slave. I've done these before, but now after a week of work, I face dropping the trans again.
I had a bad internal slave, so I went to my brothers house to do the repair.
Once I had it out I decided to get my gearbox serviced, so I dropped it off.

due to excessive wear, 330,000 miles, he sold me a 07 with 30k on it and put it on my transfer case.

I bought a national bearing internal Slave/bearing and put the thing back in, only to have the "quick-disconnect" on the line jam halfway on. unable to finish the install or seperate the parts, I ordered the new line and adapters from advance adapters.

I bleed the slave and it feels right and perfect, NO LEAKS.

I start the jeep and the slave bleeds out and the jeep pulls forward. I now have a severe leak from the bottom of the bell and dust cover.

Now I face dropping the whole thing again.

anyone have advice???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts