Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2012 jeep wrangler sport with a 6speed manual. My clutch slave went out and I'm trying to replace it but for the life of me i cant get it out of my transmission. I got both bolts off and the hydraulic line disconeted and every time i try and pull on it nothing happens. Ive even gone as far as putting a screwdriver up there and trying to pry it off but nothing. What can I do to get it off without dropping my trans? Help please.

·
Retired Moderator
103,565 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Well that is odd. I would say you simply have a tight fit issue. I did mine and don't remember having such an problem. Just used the bolts to reinstall. Can you get maybe a putty knife between the slave and the trans? Just asking but you've grabbed a holed of it and really pulled and up and down? Any sign of gasket material?

·
Registered
306 Posts
It should come out easily and dropping your trans wouldn't help anyway, unless maybe the arm broke or somehow got caught up. Since you've removed the two nuts, i would continue prying it out. Be careful and give it a few easy whacks with a rubber mallet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that is odd. I would say you simply have a tight fit issue. I did mine and don't remember having such an problem. Just used the bolts to reinstall. Can you get maybe a putty knife between the slave and the trans? Just asking but you've grabbed a holed of it and really pulled and up and down? Any sign of gasket material?
I appreciate the help. Last night I was able to get it off it was just stuck with gunk after a lot of PB blast and a flat head i was able to wiggle it off the studs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.