Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was driving back up to NY from my hometown in MD and felt with probly 3 to 4 straight hours of stop and go traffic on the turnpike...I think you see where this is going. Towards the end of the trip I started smelling hot clutch (probly en

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry damn touchscreen got wet. Anyway probly too much riding the clutch with all of the stop and go so my question is, having only just over 5000 miles on it should it be ok after it cools off? Not trying to have to already replace it but if it's what needs to be done then I guess I'll have to bite the bullet. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
In heavy traffic, stop and go type, I get all the way to the right behind the tractor trailers. They don't like to bounce their clutch either so they tend to just put it in gear and crawl along leaving letting the vehicles ahead gain space then lose it but you just steadily mosey along.
Your clutch should be fine, just try not to feather it too much.

·
Registered
687 Posts
If you were smelling clutch odds are you might have burnt or glazed it. Not much you can do, and honestly if it isn't slipping or chattering I'd forget about it.

AD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts