Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was driving and noticed my clutch pedal felt soft. I then started to notice difficulty shifting. By the time I got home (120 miles later) I couldn’t shift at all. When I was start the engine with the clutch fully depressed my Jeep would move. I assume this is a slave cylinder and dropped it off for a mechanic I trust. Jeep is a ‘17 with 37k miles.

When he calls tomorrow, assuming it is the slave, should I ask him to flush the brake fluid too?

If he calls and says it is the clutch or throw out bearing, should I go with a Center Force.

I’ve driven noting but manuals for more than 20 years and the only one I had go before 100k is the one I learned on. I assume it is her and not me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
slave cylinder. unlikely to be the clutch /pressure plate.

no need to flush the brakes. although they share the same reservoir, you can bleed one without the other.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slave cylinder. unlikely to be the clutch /pressure plate.

no need to flush the brakes. although they share the same reservoir, you can bleed one without the other.

Perfect. Thanks. This is a little out of my wheel house. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Slave cylinder is an easy fix - is it just out of warranty?

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, only 1,500 miles. In the only driver and I’m gentle with it.

I ended up taking it to my local mechanic. I didn’t have time to get at it. Local shop charged me $75 labor and the cost of the space cylinder. Not too bad.

·
Registered
158 Posts
At least the bill wasn't bad :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts