Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is really strange and it's beginning to piss me off. Normally the clutch operates fine. If I sit in neutral or any gear with the clutch in, eventually it seems like the clutch is engaging anyway. I could be at a stop light with the pedal depressed and the shifter in first; the car will start to roll forward as the clutch engages (pedal still fully depressed). I can't pull the shifter out of gear. When I can actually leave the stop, the clutch operates normally when it's next used. Anyone ever see this? Is it the master or slave leaking and losing hydraulic pressure? The fluid level is fine, no visible leaks. It's quite odd. I never experienced anything like this. The longer the pedal is in, the more the clutch re-engages. Seems like a loss in pressure to me. I just bought the Jeep used and am on a 3 month warranty. I want to figure out the problem, but i'm holding out for the work to be done under warranty. The problem is that I can't get to the dealer that sold me the car for another 2 months...still within the warranty time. Any insight to this would be most helpful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts