Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
checked it out and sat in it today.

sitting down?

$42.210

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
checked it out and sat in it today.

sitting down?

$42.210
That's about what I expected. I had read they are low to mid $40K. They're really neat, but most would probably be better off building their own starting with a stock Rubicon.

I just want one because it's the only video game I play.

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
AEV front bumper 1099 from aev website
AEV rear bumper 899
AEV hood(without heat reduction so maybe subtract $200 but then add $200 for paint) 799
Slush mats 80
taillight guards 70 or so
fuel door 100 or so
black rims 525(this is if you took them to be powdercoated, our place charges 99 per wheel with lifetime warranty)
Rockrails 450 ish
total approximately 3900. And this is if you install all the adds yourself.

Obviously there is some interior differences, very minor so that's why I didn't figure that in. If you were to put in katzkin leather seats minimum of 1000.

total is right around 4900.
I didn't think it was that bad of a deal, but I'm not much of a do it yourself type of guy.

Mine had a MSRP of just over 45000, If I were to buy the same Rubicon add all the stuff except the bumpers/fuel door/rock rails/tail light guards/black wheels, etc the msrp is 39678. Now if I figure I add the bumpers/rockrails/taillight guards/fuel door/powdercoated wheels I have to add about $3500 bringing the total to 43178. This is if I do it all myself and don't pay for labor. So I figure 250 would cover installing everything. So 43428. I'm not sure why it's that bad of a deal. I didn't even figure if you had to pay shipping charges for the adds.

For some people it might be cheaper to do it themselves and buy a Rubicon. I just don't want people thinking it's a total rip off.

·
Registered
57 Posts
A couple weeks back when I bought my Arctic there was a JKU COD in East Hanover at Warnock (since changed their name). I didn't even look twice because it was an auto. They also had a Winter Chill JKU Arctic in Auto. It seems like that dealer stocks 90% auto Wranglers most likely because its Essex County NJ :(

·
Registered
744 Posts
That's about what I expected. I had read they are low to mid $40K. They're really neat, but most would probably be better off building their own starting with a stock Rubicon.

I just want one because it's the only video game I play.
That's exactly what I'm doing. It's really just a bunch of stickers, embroidery, and a few mods that do not add up to what they are asking. REDICULOUS.

·
Registered
4,885 Posts
I like how it lists 6 speed manual but the picture is an automatic...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Its a lot nicer then the black ops edition. It does cost alot but at the same time everything is going up in price these days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Got mine two days ago! Mostly blacked out and I love it! The truth is guys and girls that it's worth the money to have it come the way you want it. The mods and labor you would have to pay to get those options put on a stock 2012 JK Rubicon would come very close to MSRP.

image-4173882736.jpg

·
Registered
6,144 Posts
Got mine two days ago! Mostly blacked out and I love it! The truth is guys and girls that it's worth the money to have it come the way you want it. The mods and labor you would have to pay to get those options put on a stock 2012 JK Rubicon would come very close to MSRP.

View attachment 95388
VERY nice!

Plus, I can understand how it would be nicer to finance all the mods it comes with.

It is fun modding yourself, but I totally understand how someone would want to buy a factory modded Jeep.

I'm just jealous because I can't even afford the Rubicon. Let alone one of these! :thumb:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts